When thinking about heating and cooling systems, home air filters are another important element to consider. Did you know that indoor air is four to five times more polluted than outdoor air? Most homeowners don’t realize that there is more in the air than you can easily see—particles, dust and smoke, all of them potential triggers for asthma and allergy attacks. MRC Heating & Air can assist you in finding home air filters that are right for your home.
Clean Air Facts to Consider When Choosing Home Air Filters
- The EPA ranks indoor air pollution among the top five environmental risks to public health.
- EPA studies indicate that indoor levels of many pollutants may be 25 times, and occasionally more than 100 times, higher than outdoor levels. In general, indoor air is four to five times more polluted than outdoor air.
- More than 15 million Americans are estimated to have asthma, including one-in-13 school-age children in the last 30 years, the number of people with asthma has gone up by almost 60%.
- 87% of American homeowners are not aware that pollution may be worse inside their homes than outdoors.
- The World Health Organization estimates that approximately 30% of newly constructed and remodeled facilities have indoor air quality problems.
- Because they breathe faster than adults, children inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults and are especially sensitive to air quality problems.
- Over 28 million Americans suffer from hay fever and other allergies.
- According to a study by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, indoor air contaminants are responsible for half of all illnesses.
- Tobacco smoke actually contains over 4,000 compounds, many of which are strong irritants.
- Many ordinary activities such as cooking, cleaning and redecorating can spread indoor pollutants.
- Most homes generate about 40 pounds of dust per year for every 1.500 square feet of space.
- About 40,000 dust mites, a common cause of household allergies, can be found in only one ounce of dust.
- Even a spotless home can allow indoor pollutants to flourish. Bathrooms, damp basements, and even carpets and furniture are often the prime causes.
Why Trane CleanEffects™ May Be the Right Choice
Trane CleanEffects™ removes more airborne allergens from your home than any of the other home air filters on the market. Trane has come through with revolutionary, patented technology has been performance-tested by LMS Technologies and Environmental Health & Engineering, Inc. (EH&E) and performance verified by professors from the Harvard School of Public Health.
Trane CleanEffects™ utilizes patented air cleaning technology to remove up to 99.98% of airborne allergens from the air that passes through the filter, making it 8 times more effective than even the best HEPA home air filters and up to 100 times more effective than a standard 1” filter. Most home air filters are dense and just try to block airborne allergens and dust, but they also stop airflow. This home air cleaning system protects your family by providing safe, clean, filtered air.
Trane Cleaneffects™ is designed to allow air to flow freely allowing your home’s air to be cleaned faster, more efficiently and more effectively than any of the other home air filters on the market. Please visit the Trane website for more amazing facts, we know this is the air cleaning system you will want for your home!